Just like all celebrations in the year 2020, Christmas is also going to be celebrated a little differently. However, you can make the most of it by taking some time off from routine work and relaxing. So, grab your mug of hot chocolate, wear your fuzziest pajamas, and hop on the couch. We have compiled a list of the top ten movies to watch on Netflix this Christmas break. You no longer have to waste your time in searching for the perfect movie this holiday season. These Christmas movies are sure to get you in the spirit of the season.
- Holiday: This is a Netflix original which stars the popular; Emma Roberts. Roberts plays a perpetually single woman who teams up with a good-looking stranger to act as each other’s platonic plus ones to various holiday events. They get along well, but things end up getting messy in no time. It is a feel-good romantic comedy that you can enjoy with your partner, friends, and family. It is a good pick for those looking for a stress buster.
- Jingle Jangle: A Christmas journey: This movie will take you on a musical adventure. It is beautifully shot and is surely going to become a Christmas classic for the years to come. The film is about a toymaker whose inventions are full of wonder. However, when his trusted apprentice steals his most prized possession, it is up to his equally talented granddaughter to heal old wounds and reawaken the magic within. The movie will remind you of the strength of family and the power of possibility. Starring Forest Whitaker and the Emmy award winner Keegan Michael Key, this one should not be missed.
- Holiday in the Wild: Kristin Davis plays a mother whose son has left for college. To keep her spirits high, she books a second honeymoon with her husband. To her surprise, though, her husband unexpectedly ends their marriage before embarking on the trip. The shaken wife proceeds to Africa for a solo safari, where she meets a handsome pilot played by Rob Lowe. They experience many adventures together, saving orphan elephants and spending Christmas together. This movie is going to bring out all the happy emotions in you.
- 48 Christmas Wishes: If you find yourself yearning for a trip to a snowy wonderland this season, this film is for you. This is a family-friendly story in which two elves are forced to go to a small town and discover everyone’s Christmas wishes after their letters to the North Pole get lost. It is a great movie to watch with your kids over cheesy pizza.
- The Princess Switch: What happens when a Chicago based baker meets a soon to be a princess who looks exactly like her? Yes, they trade places! Vanessa Hudgens shines as the lead of the movie. Join her mischievous adventures as a princess and have a hearty laugh over it. It is a perfect chick flick that you can enjoy with your teens or over a girls’ night in.
- A Bad Mom’s Christmas: If you enjoyed the hit movie Bad Moms, you are going to love this sequel starring Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Kathryn Hahn. The movie shows the hilarious chaos that the three moms face when they have to deal with the holiday arrival of their eccentric mothers. It is played by Christine Baranski, Cheryl Hines, and Susan Sarandon. The amazingly talented cast would truly make you laugh out loud at their hilariousness. It is a must-watch this season.
- A Very Murray Christmas: This is Bill Murray’s extra-special dose of holiday cheer. It is a musically driven holiday special which is shot in New York City. It begins with Murray preparing to host a live broadcast. However, extreme weather conditions prevent his guests from attending. He makes the best of the situation by singing and celebrating with friends, hotel employees, and anyone who drops by. There are cameos by Miley Cyrus and George Clooney, and a ton of great songs that will keep you swinging all night.
- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas: The Oscar-winning director Ron Howard, and the Oscar-winning producer Brian Gazer have brought the Christmas best-loved Grump to life. The uber-talented Jim Carrey plays The Grinch. He sets off on an adventure to stop Christmas from coming until little Cindy Lou, played by Taylor Momsen takes matters into her own hands. She teaches him the true spirit of Christmas. It would be enjoyable as well as an informative watch for the kids and adults.
- A Christmas Prince: This Netflix original became a breakout hit in 2017 for its cheesy plot and glamorous actors. It is a romantic comedy where a journalist goes to report on the country of Aldovia’s controversial prince. She gets mistaken as the tutor of the young princess. After watching the snowy landscape and the cheerful décor, you will get tempted to book your flight to this dreamy destination.
This Christmas: Chaotic family comedies are very relatable for most people. If you also are a part of a crazy bunch, this movie is for you. The ensemble film stars Idris Elba, Chris Brown, and Regina King. The entire Whitfield family, and their romantic interests, gather for the first time in four years. Many secrets get revealed during the process. However, through all the drama, the value of a home, family, and the holidays.